Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 5 - At Sea


Sea day today. No ports.

It’s never good when the captain makes an announcement on a cruise ship. He told us late yesterday of a ‘cold front’ that would cause ten foot waves. On all of our cruises, we’ve never had ten foot waves. All night long we heard balcony chairs and tables sliding back and forth. You couldn’t sleep too close to the edge of the bed or you might not stay on. Walking to breakfast you just had to always be close to an object to grab. We don’t get seasick, but it was empty in Windjammer, so I think a lot of people are in trouble.

I need to try to requalify for the slot tournament semi-finals at 2 PM. That will be the excitement of the day for me.

On the TV weather channel, it says winds right now are at 40 mph. And it’s only 75 degrees. That sucks.

I’ll add more later in the day.

Well, I didn’t qualify for the slot tournament so I’m officially out of things to do. It’s too windy and cloudy to sit out on the deck.

Tomorrow we are back in Tampa. Our flight is at 6 PM and we get off the ship at 8 AM so we’ll rent a car and go to Clearwater Beach. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody.

Once I’m home and can get on free WiFi I’ll submit a final, wrap-up posting to this blog. If you have specific questions, post a comment or email me directly at cycler48@yahoo.com

Thanks for following along, everybody!

Here’s the compass:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment