Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 3 - Grand Cayman


First of all, about last night’s show. I’m not a big fan of the shows on cruise ships but this one was good. The group was called Horizon and they did all Motown music, and a few things from the fifties…like Little Richard. They were excellent. I would recommend going.

Today was a first for us. This is my fourteenth cruise and my wife’s eighteenth and we had an excursion cancelled AFTER we got to the pier. At first, it was moved from early morning to late morning. Then it was cancelled. We weren’t too disappointed. It was a duck boat and snorkeling. Their excuse was rough seas…it is very windy…but I think the fact there were only about ten people there might have been the reason. We are the only ship here. But a Disney ship was arriving (see the pictures).

We don’t have the greatest wait staff at dinner but the meals have been very good. Always a fish option, a meat option, usually a pasta, always a vegetarian choice. My favorite ‘starter’…the escargots…is available every night now. Yes!

I’ve been asked about the cabin. Were in 1046, a balcony cabin. It’s not a bump out so the balcony is normal size. Two chairs and a table. But there’s a shower curtain instead of a door and I think that results in less elbow bruises.

It’s 85 but windy so it feels like 83. 

Almost time to eat.

Here are the pictures:

Di thinks this is more fun than working. I think she's right.

Brilliance and one of the tenders on the way to shore.

George Town, Grand Cayman

A glass bottom boat. At least their excursion actually happened.  :-(

The Disney Fantasy just pulling in.

Our room. I remember when we used to cruise without having to fill the entire table with electronic stuff.

The room from the opposite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment