Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Preparation

We interrupt our normally scheduled blogging for this update on our planning for the trip. I know I said I'd talk about the ports we'll be visiting, but there's news on the preparation front.

I was having difficulty maintaining the blog on my iPad, but had no issues on a PC. Therefore, using our household's logic, we ordered a new Dell laptop for the trip. You can never have too many laptops/PCs/iPads/iPhones/iTouches/iEtc. around. What's five more pounds in my backpack already stuffed with a five pound camera and lens, plus snacks?

Then we tried to reserve a couple excursions, until we got to Ephesus--the only real excursion on the cruise we were excited about--and got a message that seemed to indicate it was full. Di is going to see if our Diamond status with Royal Caribbean will get us in. There are other options but we didn't want to do the seven hour tour when the four hour one was available. Yes, we know we can do private tours. We like the security of a Royal Caribbean-led tour that assures we will be back on the ship in time. I'd still be on St. Maarten (not a bad thing) if it wasn't for that policy.

For those of you interested solely in Di's shopping activities, she took care of shipboard credit, as well. Royal Caribbean might as well invest that money starting today. It's as good as theirs. And I won't mention how I benefit at Portofino's.

I'll get around to previews of the ports eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment