Thursday, January 8, 2015

Puerto Rico

First, there are two questions that I need to answer from the comments section of the blog. We book all excursions through Royal Caribbean. We want the assurance that the boat will not leave without us. Maybe we pay more, maybe we don't. We like the comfort of knowing a ship will be there when we get back. This actually saved me once on St. Maarten when the guys doing the America's Cup Yacht Racing excursion had the time wrong. I was the last person on the boat and the gang plank followed me.

Second, we have not seen Chops or Giovanni's open at lunch. Ironically, we sat in Giovanni's at lunch today because the Windjammer was out of seats and they allowed people to sit inside, but not order.

Here are some pictures from today:

They now have touch screens on every deck of the Independence. It's very convenient for finding things.

You'll have to excuse me for a personal picture. From inside the tour bus: A view of Roberto Clemente Stadium in Carolina, Puerto Rico. He was my hero growing up and he was from Carolina.

A plant in the rainforest. Don't ask me to identify any plant or tree you see here.

Trees. Lots of tall, skinny trees...with vines.

I don't remember seeing anything like this in Ohio.

Ferns...I think.

Bigger ferns??

A waterfall. It had not rained that day. Not much of a waterfall.

Bottom of the waterfall.

In the distance, the port at the entrance to Old San Juan harbor.
 
 
We are eating at Chops tonight. I will give a review, but we love Chops so expect a good review. It is also formal night. We missed the first one on either Sunday or Monday.
 
Tomorrow is Labadee, Haiti. We will visit the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment