Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday: At Sea


Since we did not stop at any ports today there isn’t much to write about. I signed up for the slot tournament at 1 PM and we also wanted to do the Make A Wish Foundation charity walk around the deck in the afternoon. I did not win the slot tournament, as usual, but we did do the walk and got our t-shirts signed by the officers of the ship.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned the snacks they serve from 3-5 PM in the Windjammer café. Get the bread pudding.

As far as the staff goes, if you do the My Time dining on deck 5 (Tides dining room) be sure to ask for Sixto and Jaime’s section. If you are Crown and Anchor members and get into the Hollywood bar for the free drinks from 5-8 PM, say hi to Mariya from the Ukraine. Our cruise director was Dennis and he was good, if not necessarily the funniest one we’ve had. I don’t know the Starbucks lady but she was great all week.

The TV channels were a pleasant surprise this week. We are used to seeing the same taped shows over and over all week. But they have satellite on this ship and we were watching live shows, including CNN and two ESPN channels.

I took some pictures on my cell phone today so I can’t post them until I get home. We arrive in San Juan tomorrow morning and we fly home from there. Sunday I should have time to do a wrap-up posting of some type where I can address your questions.

Yesterday, the blog had more than 500 pageviews. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment