Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 2: St. Kitts


We docked in St. Kitts at about 8 AM. It was already very warm. Night time lows here are in the upper seventies. But clear skies…so far.
I know people reading this are interested in the food options onboard, and quality. So far, I can tell you that breakfast in the Windjammer is excellent. They have a separate station where you can order fried eggs to order and omelets. I didn’t find the grits yesterday, but there were too many places to find food. I just didn’t get there. Lunch, on the other hand, is not done well in the Windjammer. I chose the pasta and it was cold. Not lukewarm, cold. The hot dog buns were stale, since I gave up on the pasta and went American. Usually, the salad bar is always good. Dinners in the Main Dining Room have been excellent. Last night was prime rib. Only options are medium rare and medium well. Get the medium rare unless you insist on your meat being overcooked.

Our excursion isn’t until 1 PM (should be nice and toasty by then) so I’ll take pictures of the ship this morning.
Pictures are ready. I will add more, especially of the outside of the ship and the cabin. If you have a request, submit a comment.
 
St. Kitts from our balcony.

 
St. Kitts from the pool deck.


St. Kitts from the pool deck.
 
 
Adult pool area.

 
Kid's pool area.

 
The lounge where the Crown and Anchor members get free drinks.

 
Champagne bar.

 
Near Schooner bar.

 
Shops. I was there once...to take this picture.

 
There was a turkey in our bed last night. I'll just leave it at that.

 
Typical lounge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment