Thursday, March 7, 2013

Play ball!

I couldn't possibly try to count the number of baseball games I've been to, listened to, and watched on TV. But I've never been to a Spring Training game...until today. We went to Osceola County Stadium (home of the Houston Astros) to watch the Astros play the Washington Nationals. We did not go to see the Astros, one of the worst teams in baseball. I wanted to see the Nationals and their great pitching staff and potential superstar Bryce Harper. Di, of course, didn't even know who was playing but she thoroughly enjoyed the funnel cakes and warm sun.


Bryce Harper warming up before game.
 

Gio Gonzalez in pregame warmups. More on him later.
 
 
Bryce Harper batting. He fouled out on this pitch.
 

Gio Gonzalez
 

Gio pitching. Tyler Moore playing first. Jose Altuve is the runner (he's good).
 
 
When Gonzalez was done pitching, he signed autographs. I got him to autograph my Pirates hat. He'll never pitch for the Pirates but I wanted the autograph. When he's in the Hall of Fame I'll replace the gold P on the hat with a red W and nobody will ever know.
 
 
After the game we went to the Starbucks in Celebration. Here's Di relaxing on Front Street.
 
 
 
 
Tonight we're having dinner with our nephew in Celebration. Friday is EPCOT.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment